These rules regulate the use of the official site of Ryokan KANZAKI (hereinafter referred to as “the hotel”) and its accommodation reservation services. It shall be assumed that guests using this site agree with these rules.
Article 1 (Applicable scope)
- Agreements and any other related agreements between the Hotel and its guests shall be subject to the Accommodation Conditions written herein and all matters not specified herein shall be governed by laws and commonly established practices.
- A special agreement may take precedence when the Hotel accept it and it does not violate laws or common practices, notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding clause.
Article 2 (Application for accommodation agreement)
- To apply for an accommodation agreement with the Hotel, the guest is required to provide the hotel with the following information:
（2）Date(s) of stay and scheduled arrival time
（3）Accommodation charge (basically basic accommodation charge as specified in Table 1 below.)
（4）Other matters deemed necessary by the hotel
- If the guest requests an extension of his/her stay beyond the date indicated in the item (2) of the previous clause, the hotel shall process the request as a new accommodation agreement commencing at the time the request for extension is made.
Article 3 (Conclusion, etc. of accommodation agreement, etc.)
- Accommodation agreements shall be effective when the application detailed in the preceding article is accepted by the hotel. However, this shall not apply if the hotel provides an evidence of the absence of its approval.
- The application fee shall be first allocated to the final accommodation charge to be paid by the guest. Then, for any situations to which Articles 6 and 18 apply may involve penalties and compensation in this order. The remaining amount, if any, will be refunded at the time of payment made in accordance with the provisions of Article 12.
- If the guest fails to pay the application fee stipulated in paragraph 2 by the date as stipulated therein, the hotel shall treat the accommodation agreement as invalid. However, the same shall apply only in cases where the hotel has notified the guest of the deadline for payment of the application fee in advance.
Article 4 (Special agreements requiring no application fee)
- Notwithstanding the provisions of paragraph 2 of the preceding article, the hotel may accept a special agreement requiring no application fee as stipulated in the said paragraph 2 after conclusion of the agreement.
- Cases in which the hotel has not requested payment of the application fee stipulated in paragraph 2 of the preceding article and has not specified a deadline for such payment when accepting an application for an accommodation agreement shall be treated as a special agreement provided for under the terms of the preceding paragraph.
Article 5 (Rejection of accommodation agreement)The Hotel may reject an accommodation agreement in the following cases:
- When an application for accommodation does not conform to these Conditions
- When the hotel is fully booked and there are no vacancies
- When it is determined that the person requesting accommodation is suspected of violating laws, public order or morals during his/her stay
- When it is determined that the person requesting accommodation obviously has an infectious disease
- When it is determined that the person requesting accommodation makes an unreasonable demands.
- When the hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to natural disasters, malfunctions of facilities or other unavoidable circumstances
Article 6 (Right of guest to cancel an accommodation agreement)
- A guest may cancel his/her accommodation agreement by notifying the hotel of cancellation.
- In cases in which a guest has canceled his/her accommodation agreement in part or in whole for reasons attributable to said guest (except in cases in which the hotel has stipulated the deadline for payment of the application fee in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 2 of Article 3 and requested said payment and the guest concerned has canceled his/her accommodation agreement before payment), the hotel shall charge the guest a penalty in accordance with Attached Table 2 below.
- In cases in which a guest of the hotel has not arrived by 8:00 pm on the day of accommodation without notice (or 2 hours after the scheduled arrival time if the guest has given the hotel advanced notice of said time), the relevant accommodation agreement may be regarded as having been cancelled by the guest.
Article 7 (Right of the hotel to cancel accommodation agreement)
- The Hotel may cancel the accommodation agreement under any of the following circumstances:
（1）When it is determined that a guest is suspected of acting, or has acted in violation of regulations prescribed by laws or public order and morals during his/her stay
（2）When it is determined that a guest obviously has an infectious disease
（3）When a guest makes unreasonable demands
（4）When it is not possible to provide accommodation due to events of force majeure such as natural disasters, malfunctions of facilities or other unavoidable circumstances
（5）When a guest does not abide by prohibited actions such as smoking in bed, vandalizing fire-fighting equipment and/or otherwise breaches the hotel regulations stipulated by the hotel (limited, however, to particulars deemed necessary in order to avoid causing fires).
- If the hotel cancels the accommodation agreement in accordance with the preceding paragraph, the hotel shall not charge the guest for any of the services that he/she has not received yet during the contractual period.
Article 8 (Registration of accommodations)
- The Guest shall provide the hotel with the following information at the front desk on the day of accommodation:
（1）Guest name, age, address, and occupation
（2）Nationality, passport number, and departure date for a non-resident of Japan
（3）Other matters deemed necessary by the hotel
- In cases when the guest intends to pay his/her accommodation charge prescribed in Article 12 by any means other than currency, such as credit cards, these credentials shall be shown in advance at the time of the registration prescribed in the preceding paragraph.
Article 9 (Occupancy hours of guest rooms)
- Rooms are available for accommodation from 4:00 p.m. until 10:00 a.m. on the following day. However, in cases when the guest stays over a period of consecutive days, he/she may use the room all day, except on the days of arrival and departure.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the hotel may allow the guest to use a room outside the hours prescribed therein. In such cases, the guest shall be required to pay an extra charge of 1,000 yen per hour.
Article 10 (Observance of hotel regulations)The Guest shall abide by the hotel regulations established by the hotel and posted within the hotel.
Article 11 (Service hours)
- The service hours of the main Hotel facilities shall be as follows and detailed service hours of other facilities shall be set out in brochures provided, notices displayed in various places, information provided in guest rooms and by other means.
（1）Front desk: 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
（2）Cashier: 7.30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
（3）Breakfast: 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
（4）Lunch: 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
（5）Dinner: 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
（6）Hot spring bath: 6:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- The service hours specified in the preceding paragraph are subject to temporary changes due to unavoidable circumstances of the hotel. Guests shall be informed of such changes by appropriate means.
Article 12 (Payment)
- The breakdown and methods of calculation of accommodation charge, etc. to be paid by Guests are detailed in attached Table 1.
- Accommodation charges, etc. stated in the preceding paragraph shall be paid at the front desk at the time of the guest's departure or upon request from the hotel in currency or other means accepted by the hotel such as credit cards.
- Accommodation charges shall be paid by the guest even if the guest does not stay at the hotel at his/her discretion after a room was provided and became available for use.
Article 13 (Liabilities of the hotel)The hotel shall compensate the guest for damages if the hotel has caused such damage to the guest in the fulfillment or non-fulfillment of the accommodation agreement and/or related agreements. However, the same shall not apply if such damage is due to reasons not attributable to the hotel.
Article 14 (When unable to provide booked rooms)
- Insofar as possible, when unable to provide booked rooms, the hotel shall arrange accommodation of the same standard elsewhere for the guest with the consent of the Guest.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the hotel shall pay the guest compensation equivalent to the penalty charges, said compensation to be appropriated to the amount of damages, when arrangement of other accommodation cannot be made. However, the guest shall not be compensated in cases when the hotel cannot provide accommodation due to reasons not attributable to the hotel.
Article 15 (Handling of deposited articles)
- The Hotel shall compensate the guest for damages when loss, breakage or other damage is caused to goods, cash or other valuables deposited at the front desk by the guest, unless such damage is caused by force majeure.
- The Hotel shall compensate the guest for damages when loss, breakage or other damage is caused, through intent or negligence on the part of the hotel, to the goods, cash or other valuables brought onto the premises of the hotel by the guest but not deposited at the front desk. However, for articles the nature and value of which have not been declared in advance by the guest, the hotel shall compensate the guest up to a maximum of 100,000 yen.
Article 16 (Custody of baggage and/or belongings of guest)
- When the baggage of the guest is brought into the hotel before his/her arrival, the hotel shall be liable to store it only in cases when it has agreed to do so in advance, said baggage to be handed over to the guest at the front desk at the time of his/her check-in.
- When the baggage or belongings of the guest are left in the hotel after check-out and the owner is identified, the hotel shall contact the owner and take action in accordance with instructions from the owner. However, if no instructions have been given by the owner, or if the owner is not identified, the hotel shall retain custody of the baggage or belongings concerned for 7 days including the day of their discovery, after which it will hand over said baggage or belongings to the nearest police station.
- The liability of the hotel in regard to the custody of the guest's baggage and belongings in the case of the preceding two paragraphs shall be in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 1 of the preceding Article in the case of paragraph 1 of this article, and with the provisions of paragraph 2 of the preceding article in the case of paragraph 2 of this article.
Article 17 (Liability for parking)If the guest uses the parking lot of the hotel, the hotel shall accept absolutely no responsibility whatsoever for the vehicle belonging to the guest, irrespective of whether or not the guest concerned has entrusted the key of his/her vehicle to the hotel. However, the hotel shall compensate the guest for damages arising from deliberate actions or negligence occurring in the course of management of the parking lot.
Article 18 (Liability of the guest)The Guest shall compensate the hotel for damage caused through deliberate acts or acts of negligence on his/her part.
Attached Table 1 (Relating to paragraph 1 of Article 2, paragraph 2 of Article 3 and paragraph 1 of Article 12)
|Total amount due by guests|
|Accommodation charge||（1）Basic accommodation charge (room charge)|
（2）Other charges (e.g. Charges for the use of equipment and refrigerators)
（4）Service charge ((2) + (3)) x 10%
a) Consumption tax
b) Bathing tax
- In the event of revisions to tax laws, the above shall be adjusted accordingly.
Attached Table 2: Penalty (Relating to paragraph 2 of Article 6)
|Number of guests booked|
|Date of notification of agreement cancelation||1 to 10 guests||10 guests or more|
|Afternoon of the day of accommodation||100％||100％|
|Morning of the day of accommodation||50％||100％|
|2 days prior||20％||40％|
|3 days prior||15％||20％|
|7 days prior||20％|
|14 days prior||10％|
The percentages signify the ratio of penalty to the basic accommodation charge.
Ryokan KANZAKI – Rules for Usage
To help ensure a safe and comfortable stay for its Guests, the hotel has established the rules for usage below. Guests are asked to refrain from the following acts. Please be advised that guests failing to observe said rules may be denied the use of the rooms and facilities of the hotel.
- Use of heating, cooking or pressing equipment other than that provided by the hotel
- Smoking in bed or other places where doing so may cause fire
- Shouting, singing loudly, arguments or other behavior that may disturb or inconvenience others
- Bringing any of the following in the hotel:
（1）Animals and birds (pets)
（2）Items that generates unpleasant or offensive odors that may inconvenience other guests
（3）Items in clearly excessive amounts
（4）Inflammable items such as gunpowder or volatile oil
（5）Firearms or swords without ownership permits
- Gambling or acts contrary to public order in the hotel
- Inviting visitors into guest rooms and/or allowing them to use equipment or other items in guest rooms
- Selling items in the hotel
- Using equipment and other items belonging to the hotel for applications other than their intended purposes
- Relocating items belonging to the hotel or removing such items from the premises of the hotel
- Installing extraneous items on buildings and equipment belonging to the hotel and making changes to the present state of such buildings and equipment
- Displaying or hooking items on windowsills that may detract from the external appearance of the hotel
- Throwing objects out of windows
- Distributing or posting advertising materials or soliciting the purchase of items on the premises of the hotel
- Leaving belongings in places such as corridors and the lobby